Earn Cash for Doing Good*
* MYC! Credits (Cash Points) vary from post to post.
** Only for Posts on myc.com.my marked Earn MYC! Credits.
*** Subject to min RM 50 withdrawal, of which RM 1.50 will be deducted for mailing you a crossed cheque.
Facebook is taking online dating to new heights with the in-developement mobile app called "Dating" - we're serious... no more putting "It's Complicated" as a status. You'll be using it to find LOVE!
"There are 200 million people on Facebook who list themselves as single, so clearly there's something to do here," said Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg.
According to Zuckerberg, the new mobile dating app aims help singles out there find true love by developing a "long-term relationship" instead of what Tinder is known to be used for... "hookups" *ehem*
"If we're focused on helping people build meaningful relationships, then this is perhaps the most meaningful one of all," he added.
So according to Facebook product chief Chris Cox, here's how Facebook's 'Dating' should work:
1. Create your dating profile. It will only show your first name to people who use the dating feature, and will not be visible to your friends nor appear on your newsfeed.
2. Once you’ve set up your dating profile, you can browse for events and groups in your city related to your interest.
3. If you see an event you’re interested in, you can unlock it, and browse through other dating users who've unlocked the event as well.
4. You can then start a private conversation with them in a messaging inbox connected to the profile.
Sounds like all the other online dating apps/sites out there.. we'll just have to wait and see...
Let us know what do you think of this new developing app by Facebook. Do you think it can actually break the stereotype of dating apps that primarily focuses on finding "hookups" instead of true love - apps like the following for example:
However, personally I don't blame any dating app for how it's perceived to be. For those of you out there, use these dating apps responsibly :)
Remember, this is also where "cat-fishing" starts from.